--===============0617281440==

------=_Part_87078_8857149.1170230409862

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have already tried those you have mentioned.
But the problem is NET-SNMP does not report error messages properly. It
reports the same error "Timeout: No reponse from server:161" for the
following 3 cases:

1. While specifying incorrect community string in snmpget for version 1 and
2c.
2. While specifying incorrect password/passphrase in snmpget for version 3.
3. While specifying incorrect agent port in an snmpget.

Hence is such cases, i thought if net-snmp outputs an error code, i can
process it accordingly.

Thanks,
Sarathy

On 1/31/07, jiang jilin wrote:

> Hi,
> Have you ever run snmpget,snmpgetnext etc. to get a non-exist OID ?
> just look at the output carefully and maybe you would get what you want.
>
> Jiang
>
> On 1/31/07, sarathy wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > Is there a way to capture SNMP v2 error codes [ noAccess (6) ,
> > wrongType(7), notWritable (17) ... ], through net-snmp commands ( snmpget,
> > snmpgetnext ... ) ???
> >
> > Please do clarify,
> > Sarathy
> >

> > --