On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:32:22 -0500 Robert wrote:
RS> MS> Thanks for the help. However, I've searched for some time through the
RS> MS> archives, and, although I can find several messages from you
RS> MS> suggesting patches were attached, yet I cannot find any such
RS> MS> attachments. It must be my lack of practice with the mailing list. I
RS> MS> don't suppose you would be so kind as to send me whatever patches you
RS> MS> may have that would fit 5.4rc2? I can always make then fit if they are
RS> MS> close.
RS>
RS> Sorry, there aren't any patches. The 'suggestion' I mentioned was just my
RS> brief description of what would be needed to fix the problem:

I forgot to mention some other alternatives (hacks):

a) exclude ip address tables at runtime (-I-ipAddressTable) or compile time
(--with-out-mib-modules=ipAddressTable)

b) patch code to exclude ip addresses for ptp tunnel types from the ip address
table(s). (I haven't looked at the code to see how easy this would be, or what
implications it might have for other modules).