--===============1740781755==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C70CE0.76399538

Hello net-snmp users,

I just want to confirm the correct way to specify the trap port in
snmpd.conf in net-snmp 5.1.1 and above.

We were using ucd-snmp 4.2.6. When configuring a trap destination, the
'trapsess' (in /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf) looks like

trapsess [v1, v2c or v3 options] ip-addr

Now, we move to net-snmp 5.1.1, the above 'trapsess' line causes the
traps to be sent to port 161 of the destination (not port 162 as in the
ucd-snmp 4.2.6). Of course, I change the line to be

trapsess [v1, v2c or v3 options] ip-addr:162

It works, in the sense that traps are now being received on port 162 of
the destination.

The ucd-snmp 4.2.6 code agent/agent_trap.c inside function
snmpd_parse_config_trapsess, after the line

arg =3D snmp_parse_args(argn, argv, &session, "C:", trapOptProc);

There are two lines
if (session.remote_port =3D=3D SNMP_DEFAULT_REMPORT)
session.remote_port =3D SNMP_TRAP_PORT;

These two line are removed in 5.1.1 (same as in the latest 5.3.1). This
means that we have to use 'ip-addr:162' for trap destination if we want
to receive traps at the port 162.

Am I correct? Thank you very much,

Stephen

------_=_NextPart_001_01C70CE0.76399538

[...]