On 07/11/06, Mohd Nordin Mohd Yasin wrote:
> If i had a program running in the server. And i would like to monitor the
> program status all the time.

Please see the 'snmpd.conf(5)' man page - in particular, the section
entitled "Process Monitoring"

> if i use this net-snmp application to send traps (using
> crondjob)to NMS to tell that the program were down.

Once you've got the agent monitoring the necessary programs, see the
section "Active Monitoring" (and in particular, "DisMan Event MIB"), for
how to have the agent generate traps.

But I'd tackle this in two stages, and get the basic process monitoring
set up first.

Dave