--===============1956083708==

------=_Part_337_24690617.1162864377510

Hi all,

I don't know if this question is suitable or not. But, i just want to ask a
question.

If i had a program running in the server. And i would like to monitor the
program status all the time. Right now, i'm just do some crond to check the
status of the program. like ps -elf | grep commongateway. If the value is
true, do nothing and if not, try to run the program back. The problem is,
there are to many program i should monitor and if there are problem with the
program, i wouldn't know until i read the log. So my question is, if it
possible, if i use this net-snmp application to send traps (using
crondjob)to NMS to tell that the program were down. I do not know if it
possible. I'm new and i'd a litle time to explore all the snmp's. Please
help.

Regards