Dave Wrote:
How are you currently sending the trap?

I have figured the way to do it.
I am adding the pay load to the variable list using the method given

(u_char *)&id, sizeof(id));
In the above function call, the argument id contains the value.

By including the following option in snmptrapd %v, I am able to retrieve
the value at the Manager end.

But now, I have to add payloads of size more than 30-40 bytes. How can
I do that... ???

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, are intended only for use by
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is illegal and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify me by telephone and permanently delete the original
and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.