I have such setup working on ucd-snmp-4.2.5 on Red Hat 7.3 Linux.

But now I'm trying to setup similar configuration with net-snmp-5.1.2
on CentOS4 (RHEL4) Linux and it does not work.

# uname -a
Linux server 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 6 06:28:26 CDT 2006 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I want to add processing of external command and have the following

rocommunity secret

syslocation Unknown (edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)
syscontact Root (configure /etc/snmp/snmp.local.conf)

pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat
pass . /usr/local/bstat/bstat

But snmpd does not run bstat on incoming requests. If I run snmpd
with -D -f -V options during configuration parsing I see that it finds those
pass directives and registers hooks for them. But when request comes in -
snmpd do not tries to run bstat.

What can be cause for that? I have to edit some other configuration file?
Also it does not seem to be permisions problem since bstat is accessible by

Net-snmp-users mailing list