--===============0624196876==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C70184.28DD4890

Dear all,
=20
I've just installed net-snmp (ver 5.3.1) in a embedded system running =
linux MontaVista. All seems work fine except for creating new users.
Due to the matter of the system, it must be possible creating and =
deleting new users avoiding to manually edit configuration files. =
Therefore I've to use snmpusm application.
=20
In the ...etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file I have previously added next lines:
=20
createUser initial MD5 initial_pass
rwuser initial
=20
Managing with 'initial' user works fine:
=20
# snmpget -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A initial_pass =
localhost system.sysUpTime.0
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance =3D Timeticks: (194832189) 22 days, =
13:12:01.89
=20
Now and I try to create new rw user using next command sequence:
=20
# snmpvacm -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A initial_pass localhost =
createSec2Group 3 myuser RWGroup
Sec2group successfully created.
=20
# snmpvacm -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A initial_pass localhost =
createAccess RWGroup 3 2 1 all all none
Access successfully created.
=20
# snmpusm -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A initial_pass localhost =
create myuser initial
User successfully created.
=20
# snmpusm -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A initial_pass localhost =
-Ca passwd initial_pass myuser_pass myuser
SNMPv3 Key(s) successfully changed.
=20

In above sequence you can see no error messages. All seems Ok, but on =
trying to Get returns error.
Following are snmpget command with usm traces enabled.
=20
# snmpget -Dusm -v3 -u myuser -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A myuser_pass =
localhost system.sysUpTime.0
usm: getting user
usm: USM processing has begun (offset 22)
usm: getting user
usm: Failed to find engine data.
usm: USM processing completed.
usm: USM processing begun...
usm: USM processing completed.
usm: USM processing has begun (offset 49)
usm: getting user myuser
usm: match on user myuser
usm: USM processing completed.
usm: USM processing begun...
usm: match on user myuser
usm: Verification succeeded.
usm: USM processing completed.
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance =3D No Such Object available on this =
agent at this OID
=20
Managing with new user always return error.
=20
Is threre any wrong in above command sequence ?

I noticed that the persistent data file /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf never =
change, despite of new user created. Should it do ? In the users table =
don't appear any entry with 'myuser'.
I tried to warm restart snmpd using kill -s HUP and engineBoots token is =
always at 1.
Due to the matter of my system (read only filesystem) , I've mounted =
persistent data folder /var/net-snmp/ in ram. Could it be a constrain =
for net-snmp ?
=20
Thanks for help me.
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C70184.28DD4890

charset=3Diso-8859-1">

Dear=20
all,

size=3D2>

I've just installed net-snmp (ver =
5.3.1) in a=20
embedded system running linux=20
MontaVista. A
ll seems work fine except  class=3D066251308-23102006>for creating new users.
Due to the =
matter of=20
the system, it must be possible creating and deleting new users avoiding =
to=20
manually edit configuration files. Therefore I've to use snmpusm=20
application.

In the ...etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file =
I class=3D437530809-06112006> have  class=3D437530809-06112006>previously added next =
lines:

createUser initial MD5 =
initial_pass
rwuser =20
initial

Managing with  'initial' user =
works=20
fine:

# snmpget -v3  -u  initial -l =
authNoPriv=20
-a MD5 -A initial_pass localhost=20
system.sysUpTime.0
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance =3D Timeticks: =

(194832189) 22 days, 13:12:01.89

Now and I try to create new rw user =
using next=20
command sequence:

# snmpvacm -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv =
-a MD5 -A=20
initial_pass localhost createSec2Group 3 myuser RWGroup
Sec2group=20
successfully created.

# snmpvacm -v3 -u initial -l authNoPriv =
-a MD5 -A=20
initial_pass localhost createAccess RWGroup  3 2 1 all all =
none
Access=20
successfully created.

# snmpusm  -v3 -u initial -l =
authNoPriv -a MD5=20
-A initial_pass localhost create myuser initial
User successfully=20
created.

# snmpusm  -v3 -u initial -l =
authNoPriv -a MD5=20
-A initial_pass localhost -Ca passwd initial_pass myuser_pass =
myuser
SNMPv3=20
Key(s) successfully changed.

class=3D066251308-23102006>In above=20
sequence y
ou can see no error messages. All seems Ok, but on =
trying to=20
Get returns error.
Following are snmpget command with usm traces=20
enabled.

# snmpget -Dusm -v3  -u  =
myuser -l=20
authNoPriv -a MD5 -A myuser_pass localhost system.sysUpTime.0
usm: =
getting=20
user
usm: USM processing has begun (offset 22)
usm: getting =
user
usm:=20
Failed to find engine data.
usm: USM processing completed.
usm: =
USM=20
processing begun...
usm: USM processing completed.
usm: USM =
processing has=20
begun (offset 49)
usm: getting user myuser
usm: match on user=20
myuser
usm: USM processing completed.
usm: USM processing =
begun...
usm:=20
match on user myuser
usm: Verification succeeded.
usm: USM =
processing=20
completed.
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance =3D No Such Object =
available on=20
this agent at this OID

class=3D437530809-06112006>Managing with new=20
user always return error.

Is =
threre=20
any
wrong in above command sequence ?

I noticed that the persistent data file =
/var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf never=20
change, despite of new user created. Should it do ? In the users table =
don't=20
appear any entry with 'myuser'.

I tried to warm restart snmpd using =
kill -s HUP and=20
engineBoots token is always at 1.

Due to the matter of  class=3D066251308-23102006>my system class=3D066251308-23102006> (read=20
only filesystem)
, I've mounted =
persistent=20
data folder /var/net-snmp/ in ram. Could it be a constrain for net-snmp=20
?

Thanks for help me.

size=3D2>