--===============1760213719==

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C6FE64.88BB0360

I am trying to add trap handling to my program and ran into a problem
figuring out the IP address of the device that sent the trap. I stepped
through the snmptrapd code to see how it gets the IP Address and found a
piece of code similar to this:

struct sockaddr_in * addr = (struct sockaddr_in *)pdu->transport_data;

Is this the recommended way of getting the address of a trap sender or is
there a better way?

Mathew Bielejeski

http://www.neon.com

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C6FE64.88BB0360

=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I am trying to add trap handling to my program and =
ran into
a problem figuring out the IP address of the device that sent the =
trap.  I
stepped through the snmptrapd code to see how it gets the IP Address and =
found a
piece of code similar to this:>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>struct sockaddr_in * addr =3D (struct sockaddr_in
*)pdu->transport_data;>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Is this the recommended way of getting the address of =
a trap
sender or is there a better way?>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>