From: net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
santhosh
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:11 PM
To: Dave Shield
Cc: net-snmp-users
Subject: Re: Can We place Traps as part of Tables

Hello Dave,

> OK - try the following:
>
> In /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf:
> createUser internal MD5 "some password"
>
> In /usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: (or wherever your snmpd.conf

file
is):

1

2

> That should generate a trap whenever any of the RTS-MIB::Pair1Local
> objects takes the value 1 or 2
>
> If you need to cover the other link values as well (i.e. Pair2Local,

and
> Pair{1,2}Remote), then try:
> monitor -u internal "inSync" .1.3.6.1.4.1.17887.7.6.1 ==

1
> monitor -u internal "outSync" .1.3.6.1.4.1.17887.7.6.1 ==

2

This seems to be Fine

And the problem here is I am not sure that who all use these Boards will
use
Net-Snmp as a Manager

If they are using any other properitary SNMP Manager then the above
setup
will not work na

please clarify this confusion

thanks
santhosh

-
security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo

computer viruses.