--===============0886715746==

------=_Part_28307_31706098.1162348433559

Dear All:
I am Clement, I try to write a snmp daemon as following:

#!/bin/sh

pid=`/usr/bin/ps -e | /usr/bin/grep snmpd | /usr/bin/sed -e 's/^ *//' -e
's/ .*//'`
case "$1" in
'start')
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/snmpd ]; then
echo "Start the SNMP service"
/usr/local/sbin/snmpd
fi
;;

'stop')
echo "Stop the SNMP service "
kill -TERM snmpd
;;
*)
echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/snmpd { start | stop }"
;;

exit 0

However , the about shell script is not function. I don't know why and
how to write a correct snmpd daemon, can any one who ever write snmpd
daemon can give me any suggestion, thank you

Best Regards,
Clement Hsu

------=_Part_28307_31706098.1162348433559

Dear All:
I am Clement, I try to write a snmp daemon as following:

  #!/bin/sh

  pid=`/usr/bin/ps -e |
/usr/bin/grep snmpd | /usr/bin/sed -e 's/^ *//' -e 's/ .*//'`
  case "$1"
in
  'start')
  if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/snmpd ]; then
  echo "Start the
SNMP service"
  /usr/local/sbin/snmpd
  fi
  ;;

  'stop')
  echo "Stop the SNMP service "
  kill
-TERM snmpd
  ;;
  *)
  echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/snmpd { start | stop
}"
  ;;