On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:05:41 -0500 Hai wrote:
HW> I still have a question regarding interfaces info polling, I have disabled ifTable,ifXtable and ipAddressTable as shown below
HW>
HW> #snmpd -L -I-ifXTable,ifTable,ipAddressTable
HW>
HW> Why the function "netsnmp_arch_interface_container_load" still got called for each network interfaces while snmpd is restarted?

It looks like it is called once during startup to pre-load the interface
name/ifIndex. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to disable this at runtime.
You'll have to patch the code. The easiest thing to do would probably be to
re-run configure to actual exclude these modules from being built, instead of
disabling them at run-time. You would do that with the
--with-out-mib-modules="" option to configure.