Hi.

I'm currently working on a project that allow to access some data for
which access is locked. Variables are in a shared memory segment and
any access to that segment is locked via a semaphore.

The project (that I did not create: I just hack on it) is a library to
ease the creation of a sub-agent for our client company. The previous
developper have used the netsnmp_register_int_instance() function to
register integer variables.
As access are locked, I would like to add a lock/unlock function around
the GET or SET action :

get :
- lock
- GET
- unlock

set :
- lock
- SET
- unlock

I could not find any answer to that by reading the archives for 3 days.
Could someone give me hints on how to proceed ?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas.