-----Messaggio originale-----

I update my net-snmp to rev. 5.3.1 and follow your suggestions.
Using protocol 2c it is working well , while with protocol 3 it doesn't ( h=
ang until timeout occur )
Here a copy of my sample snmpd.conf

proxy -v 2c -c {community} localhost . .
proxy -v 2c -c {community} localhost . .
proxy -v 3 -u enzo -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A mypasswd localhost .
..1.1003 .

One point I noted is the fact that if I leave the 'proxy -v 3' inside the s=
nmpd.conf file , the snmpwalk on the other proxy ( the version 2c ),
show all it's variables but didn't end politely.
In effect the 'snmpwalk -Ofn localhost .' show the wariab=
les and then hang until a timeout occur.

If I remove the proxy 1003, all other proxy works well.

regards, Enzo

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
Net-snmp-users mailing list