On 20/10/06, David Hodgson wrote:
> I downloaded the file "beecrypt-devel-4.1.2-8.i386.rpm"
>
> When I ran it the error appeared...
>
> Package not found: beecrypt

OK - so this relies on the RPM "beecrypto".

> So I downloaded "beecrypt-4.1.2.tar.gz"

[snip]
> I then ran beecrypt-devel-4.1.2-8.i386.rpm again but the same error appeared.

No - that won't work.
The RPM system is very egotistical, and assumes that it knows
everything about the software installed on the system. If a package
hasn't been installed "properly" (i.e. via the RPM system), then it
assumes that it doesn't exist.

I'm not familiar with the exact configuration in place on RHEL
systems, but there's on many systems there's a command "yum" which
will take care of detecting (and dealing with) such dependencies.
So
"yum install beecrypt-devel"
would install the beecrypt-devel RPM,
plus any other missing packages that it required. RHEL may have a
different version of this tool (or an equivalent), but that's by far
the simplest way to install new software.
Maybe someone here can fill in the gaps as to the exact
incantation/tool to use?

Uninstall the manual version of the beecrypt libraries, and try with that.

Dave