From: dave.shield@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shield@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: 20 October 2006 09:42
To: David Hodgson
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Installing net-snmp agent on RHEL4

On 20/10/06, David Hodgson wrote:
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Dlinux -I/usr/include/rpm

-o snmpd snmpd.lo libnetsnmpmibs.la libnetsnmpagent.la
helpers/libnetsnmphelpers.la ../snmplib/libnetsnmp.la -ldl -lrpm
-lrpmio -lpopt -lz -lcrypto -lm
> libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la'

(librpmio.la: /usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la)

You need to install the "beecrypt-devel" RPM.
Unfortunately, the configure script does not check for this library,
otherwise you could have been informed of this earlier in the build

Net-snmp-users mailing list