Sorry for my misunderstanding...

I typed "make install prefix=/myDir/ exec-prefix=/myDir/ " instead of
exec_prefix=/myDir/ (underscore!!!!!) then it is working well. That is,
everything is installed in /myDir/
But then if I look, e.g., in the following file /myDir/lib/libnetsnmp.la
it still contains this
# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir=/the_prefix_I_gave_to_the_configure_script/
It also seems that sbin/snmpd still depends on the prefix I gave to the
configure script.
Any ideas?