Thomas Anders wrote:
> Sauterel Fabrice wrote:
> > The problem remains... If I specify a "--prefix=myPrefix" for the
> > ./configure script, then typing "make install
> > DESTDIR=/some/where/else" will install the agent in
> > /some/where/else/myPrefix
> >
> > If I do not specify any prefix, then typing "make install
> > DESTDIR=/some/where/else" will install it in
> > /some/where/else/usr/local
> >
> > I would like my root to be /some/where/else
> > And then:
> > /some/where/else/bin
> > /some/where/else/include
> > /some/where/else/sbin
> > etc...

> Then you need to configure --prefix=/some/where/else. These
> paths get hard-coded into the toolkit, so you cannot change
> them (permanently) at install time.

Accoding to ./configure --help you can use the following options:
Fine tuning of the installation directories:
--bindir=DIR user executables [EPREFIX/bin]
--sbindir=DIR system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin]
--libexecdir=DIR program executables [EPREFIX/libexec]
--datadir=DIR read-only architecture-independent data
[PREFIX/share]
--sysconfdir=DIR read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]
--sharedstatedir=DIR modifiable architecture-independent data
[PREFIX/com]
--localstatedir=DIR modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]
--libdir=DIR object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib]
--includedir=DIR C header files [PREFIX/include]
--oldincludedir=DIR C header files for non-gcc [/usr/include]
--infodir=DIR info documentation [PREFIX/info]
--mandir=DIR man documentation [PREFIX/man]

I have never actually used any of those though.

Regards,

Holger