Thanks for the answer Dave and Thomas!

Is it also "hard-coded" in binaries and libraries??? Or just in
"readable" text files in case I could write a script to identify and
replace it.
Does it mean that everytime we want to change to install directory, we
have again to "configure, make and make install"???

>Then you need to configure --prefix=/some/where/else. These paths get

hard-coded into the toolkit, so you cannot