The problem remains... If I specify a "--prefix=myPrefix" for the
../configure script, then typing "make install DESTDIR=/some/where/else"
will install the agent in /some/where/else/myPrefix

If I do not specify any prefix, then typing "make install
DESTDIR=/some/where/else" will install it in /some/where/else/usr/local

I would like my root to be /some/where/else
And then:
/some/where/else/bin
/some/where/else/include
/some/where/else/sbin
etc...

> I would like to choose the directory where to install the snmpd agent
> during the installation (i.e. make install) and not at configuration

time (i.e.
> ./configure).

Try
make install DESTDIR=/some/where/else