From: Thomas Anders [mailto:thomas.anders@blue-cable.de]
Sent: Tue 9/5/2006 11:28 PM
To: Andy Ford
Cc: Irwin Tillman; net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: monitoring freeradius with net-snmp and smux
=20
Andy Ford wrote:
> I've managed to install net-snmp and freeradius on my Gentoo =

installation (I couldn't get it to work on Solaris).
>=20
> When I start radiusd -X I get the following message at the end of the =

debug...
>=20

FYI, the existing bug tracker item

[ 1527930 ] snmpd doesn't accept authentication from smux sub-agent
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...D1527930&grou=
p_id=3D12694&atid=3D112694

seems to have some coherent analysis on the problem.

+Thomas

--=20

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended =
recipient only. If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and =
confirm that it has been deleted from your system and any copies =
destroyed. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly =
prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating =
this e-mail or any information contained in it. We use reasonable =
endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the Company but no warranty =
is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You =
should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor e-mail =
communications through our network is reserved by us.=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6D19E.39585F14

charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7638.1">
RE: monitoring freeradius with net-snmp and smux

Thanks Thomas

I modified smux.c with the suggestions at the end of the sourceforge =
listing and I have it up and running.

You've been very helpful - thanks again.

Best Regards

Andy

HREF=3D"http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=3Ddetail&aid=3D1527=
930&group_id=3D12694&atid=3D112694">
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.=
php?func=3Ddetail&aid=3D1527930&group_id=3D12694&atid=3D112694

seems to have some coherent analysis on the problem.

+Thomas

color=3D#0000ff>