--===============2103913875==

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6C7A7.91C01BB0

I am running net-snmp on RHEL 3.0 (ES). net-snmp version
net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.19
=20
The problem that I am seeing is that ip address aliases (virtual =
interfaces)
do not show up in the ipAddrTable:
=20
With a prior rev of net-snmp I would get the aliases, however, the =
ifIndex
number in the ipAddrTable was wrong... the latest rev fixes the bad =
ifIndex
number but breaks the alias support. Has anyone else seen this?
=20
Also there doesn't seem to be mib2 support for the deprecated ifTable
performance metrics:
ifInNUcastPkts and ifOutNUcastPkts, yet the ifXTable that replaces them =
does
not seem to be implmented by the agent either...
=20
thanks for any pointers to solutions...
=20
Josh
=20
=20
Using the older rev. net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.1 the ifIndex field of the
ipAddrTable reports the wrong number:
=20
% snmpwalk -v 1 -c local localhost ifIndex =20
IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 =3D INTEGER: 1
IF-MIB::ifIndex.2 =3D INTEGER: 2

% snmpwalk -v 1 -c local localhost ipAdEntIfIndex
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.127.0.0.1 =3D INTEGER: 1
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.128.89.68.55 =3D INTEGER: 4

Josh Bers

Mobile Networking Systems

BBN Technologies

jbers@bbn.com

ph. 617.873.4262

fax. 617.873.4523

www.bbn.com

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6C7A7.91C01BB0

charset=3Dus-ascii">
Message

I am =
running=20
net-snmp on RHEL 3.0 (ES). net-snmp version=20
net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.19

size=3D2>

The =
problem that I=20
am seeing is that ip address aliases (virtual interfaces) do not show up =
in the=20
ipAddrTable:

size=3D2>

With a =
prior rev of=20
net-snmp I would get the aliases, however, the ifIndex number in the =
ipAddrTable=20
was wrong... the latest rev fixes the bad ifIndex number but breaks the =
alias=20
support. Has anyone else seen this?

size=3D2>

Also =
there doesn't=20
seem to be mib2 support for the deprecated ifTable performance=20
metrics:

size=3D2>ifInNUcastPkts and=20
ifOutNUcastPkts, yet the ifXTable that replaces them does not seem to be =

implmented by the agent either...

size=3D2>

thanks =
for any=20
pointers to solutions...

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Josh

size=3D2>

size=3D2>

Using =
the older rev.=20
net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.1 the ifIndex field of the ipAddrTable reports the =
wrong=20
number:

size=3D2>

size=3D2>% snmpwalk -v 1=20
-c local localhost ifIndex
IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 =3D =
INTEGER:=20
1
IF-MIB::ifIndex.2 =3D INTEGER: 2

size=3D2>% snmpwalk -v 1=20
-c local localhost ipAdEntIfIndex
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.127.0.0.1 =
=3D INTEGER:=20
1
IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.128.89.68.55 =3D INTEGER: =
4

Josh =
Bers prefix =3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice"=20
/>>>

Mobile Networking=20
Systems>>

BBN =