--===============1879920484==

--0-1581977940-1183732149=:1998

Yes, it is weird OBJS, LOBJS and SRCS are being set to nothing "before" defining "mib_module_list_o", "mib_module_list_lo" and "mib_module_list_c" at all.

What version of NetSNMP are you running? Perhaps this is a bug in v5.4?

I looked in the ".../agent/helpers/Makefile" file and I see OBJS, LOBJS and SRCS are simply set directly (see below). Seems like I can do this for my ".../agent/mibgroup/Makefile" file as well to fix the problem. Basically, I would not use the "mib_module_list_o", "mib_module_list_lo" and "mib_module_list_c" at all.

SRCS = all_helpers.c \
baby_steps.c \
etc.....
etc .....
mode_end_call.c

OBJS = all_helpers.o \
baby_steps.o \
etc.....
etc .....
mode_end_call.o

LOBJS = all_helpers.lo \
baby_steps.lo \
etc.....
etc .....
mode_end_call.lo

One more interesting thing. The ".../agent/mibgroup/Makefile.in" file contents is shown below and it seems to have definitions for OBJS, LOBJS and SRCS as you describe they should be (see below). Not sure what the "Makefile.in" file does, but perhaps this is a hint as to what is going on?

top_builddir=../..
# currently assumes gcc: (XXX: fix via configure tests)
DLFLAGS=-fPIC -shared

# use GNU vpath, if available, to only set a path for source and headers
# VPATH will pick up objects too, which is bad if you are sharing a
# source dir...
@GNU_vpath@ %.h $(srcdir)
@GNU_vpath@ %.c $(srcdir)
# fallback to regular VPATH for non-gnu...
@NON_GNU_VPATH@ $(srcdir)

CPPFLAGS= $(TOP_INCLUDES) -I. $(AGENT_INCLUDES) $(MIBGROUP_INCLUDES) \
$(SNMPLIB_INCLUDES) @CPPFLAGS@ $(LIB_CFLAGS)

OTHERCLEANTARGETS=@dllcleans@

# Need a special .c -> .o definition here to make sure we place the
# object files in the sub directory.

..c.o:
$(CC) -c $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $<

OBJS = @mib_module_list_o@
LOBJS = @mib_module_list_lo@
SRCS = @mib_module_list_c@

all: standardall $(LOBJS)

@module_rules@

Anyway, should I just update my "Makefile" files to define OBJS, LOBJS and SRCS or is there something else you want me to try to help figure out why this is occurring?

Dave Shield wrote: On 05/07/07, Need Help wrote:
> Sorry to see the text is not an attachment.... Not sure why the
> text is showing up as inline text instead ...... possibly the text
> shows up this way when it is determined to be "small enough
> in size" to simply show the contents?? Who knows.

No - I don't know either.
It's bloody annoying, anyway.

It also makes it much harder to help.
However, this has shown up what's causing the problem
(though not why).

:

:

:
> ip-mib/data_access/ipaddress_ioctl.c \
>
> # end configure generated code

Judging by my local 'agent/mibgroup/Makefile' (and the
'agent/Makefile'), these definitions should actually be
of the form:

mib_module_list_o= \
snmpv3/snmpEngine.o \
snmpv3/snmpMPDStats.o \
:

etc

OBJS = $(mib_module_list_o)
LOBJS = $(mib_module_list_lo)
SRCS = $(mib_module_list_c)

Your Makefile doesn't define $OBJS et al, which would explain why
"make clean" doesn't work.

Of course, that then raises the question of *why* this is happening....

Dave

---------------------------------
Got a little couch potato?

---------------------------------

<D.T.Shield@csc.liv.ac.uk>
wrote:
On 05/07/07, Need Help wrote:
> Sorry to see the text is not an attachment.... Not sure why the
> text is showing up as inline text instead ...... possibly the text
> shows up this way when it is determined to be "small enough
> in size" to simply show the contents?? Who knows.

No - I don't know either.
It's bloody annoying, anyway.

It also makes it much harder to help.
However, this has shown up what's causing the problem
(though not why).

From the 'agent/mibgroup/Makefile' file:

:
\

:

:
> ip-mib/data_access/ipaddress_ioctl.c \
>
> # end configure generated code

Judging by my local 'agent/mibgroup/Makefile' (and the
'agent/Makefile'), these definitions should actually be
of the form:

mib_module_list_o= \
snmpv3/snmpEngine.o \
snmpv3/snmpMPDStats.o \
:

etc

OBJS = $(mib_module_list_o)
LOBJS = $(mib_module_list_lo)
SRCS =
$(mib_module_list_c)

Your Makefile doesn't define $OBJS et al, which would explain why
"make clean" doesn't work.

Of course, that then raises the question of *why* this is happening....

Dave

Got a little couch potato?

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.