--===============0112631689==

--0-1096816002-1183729352=:34859

I am going to need to ask the build people to figure out whether NetSNMP is previously installed .... I can not find evidence that it is insalled.

Are you indicating I should not have to use the "--disable-shared" option at all? I am not sure what this option really does, I only know that it allows my code to compile. Perhaps you can tell me what the option tells NetSNMP configure to do and why it allows me to compile nicely?

Dave Shield wrote: On 05/07/07, Need Help wrote:
> Using these configure options:

[snip]
> ..... I get a lot of these errors:
> ./.libs/libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference to `init_ifXTable'
> ./.libs/libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference to `init_mteEventTable'

[snip]
> etc..

> Adding the "--disable-shared" option gets rid of these compile errors:

That makes me wonder whether there's an earlier version of the
Net-SNMP software already installed on your system. It 's
possible that your build is picking up these (?vendor-supplied)
libraries instead.

I'd suggest that you make sure any vendor-supplied versions are
removed from the system before trying to compile from source.

Dave

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/