Hi Robert,
As you mentioned I will try and get debug information. With my
experiment yesterday I can see duplicate trap happening whenever
"snmp_api.c : snmp_resend_request : 5286" functions is getting called.
This is happening whenever "snmp_timeout" is happening. I don't know
when this happening. Why this snmp_timeout can happen?

Then I tried setting the sub-agents retry(agentXRetries) value to
'0(zero)' using following
API(netsnmp_ds_set_int(NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_AGENTX_RET RIES,0)), looks like
that is not changing the default retries(5). Just for experiment purpose
I changed "snmp_api.c : DEFAULT_RETRIES" to '0'. Then I didn't see
duplicate traps.

Is there any other way to change the retries in sub-agent side? What
is the impact if I change the retries to '0'?