On 05/07/07, Need Help wrote:
> Using these configure options:

> ..... I get a lot of these errors:
> ./.libs/libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference to `init_ifXTable'
> ./.libs/libnetsnmpmibs.so: undefined reference to `init_mteEventTable'

> etc..

> Adding the "--disable-shared" option gets rid of these compile errors:

That makes me wonder whether there's an earlier version of the
Net-SNMP software already installed on your system. It 's
possible that your build is picking up these (?vendor-supplied)
libraries instead.

I'd suggest that you make sure any vendor-supplied versions are
removed from the system before trying to compile from source.

Net-snmp-coders mailing list