On 05/07/07, Need Help wrote:
> So, to have "make clean" work correctly, I will need to start with a fresh
> install on the NetSNMP-v5.4 code (like David suggests) and then be sure to
> perform a "make clean" before I re-run the "configure" command?

No.

If you're working from a fresh version of the code, then there won't be
any '.o' or '.lo' files, and you don't need to run "make clean".

In fact, you *can't* run "make clean" before running "configure",
because it's the configure command that creates the Makefiles in
the first place.

What Robert is saying is that
configure ....
make