From: Robert Story
To: Del Blanco Gabriel-AGD019
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2007 11:18:47 PM
Subject: Re: Getbulk maximum message size

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:24:06 -0400 Del wrote:
DBGA> I am using Net-SNMP 5.3.0.1, and I am having problems with the size of the packets returned by getbulk.
DBGA> [...]
DBGA> However, it seems that when the msgMaxSize of the originator is exceeded, Net-SNMP agent doesn't respond at all

Eeek. That's not good. Please file a bug report.

DBGA> Is this functionality implemented in any other Net-SNMP version? Any ideas about where this should be implemented?

Could you try 5.4.1.rc1?

Never miss an email again!
--0-1895031982-1183628345=:32526

Hi,

I am also seeing similar problem. If the max-repeater value is more than 16, the agent does not respond at all.

Please let me you for what value of max-repeater you are seeing this problem.

Thanks,
Rashmi.

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:24:06 -0400 Del wrote:
DBGA> I am using Net-SNMP 5.3.0.1, and I am having problems with the size of the packets returned
by getbulk.
DBGA>  [...]
DBGA> However, it seems that when the msgMaxSize of the originator is exceeded, Net-SNMP agent doesn't respond at all

Eeek. That's not good. Please file a bug report.

DBGA> Is this functionality implemented in any other Net-SNMP version? Any ideas about where this should be implemented?

Could you try 5.4.1.rc1?

We won't tell. Get more on http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
">shows you hate to love
(and love to hate): http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265