From: ALBERT BEZZINA
To: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, 26 June, 2007 7:28:31 PM
Subject: Max Packet Size of Agentx

Hi,

First, is there any maximum packet size in any snmp version (1, 2c or 3)?

Furthermore, is there a maximum packet size when using agentx? Because I am building an agentx sub-snmp and when I try to send a large packet nothing is received at the manager station but when I had reduced the packet size everything worked.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Albert

Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try
it now.-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*ht.../winter07.html
--0-233206509-1182940139=:31890

Hi,

Can anyone please tell what exactly is the difference between:
SNMP_MAX_PDU_SIZE (defined in snmp_agent.h)
SNMP_MAX_MSG_SIZE (defined in snmp_api.h)
Is it possible to change these macros so that the pdu/msg size will be increased?

Furthermore, I am trying to implement an agentx sub-agent.  I am trying to send a large data at once (as an octet string).  The maximum output buffer length seems to be controller by BUFSIZ macro which is defined in stdlio.h.  So can is is possible to change this macro as follows or I have to change something else to?

#ifdef BUFSIZ
#undef BUFSIZ
#define BUFSIZ SNMP_MAX_MSG_SIZE
#endif

 By the way it seems to be working.

Many thanks,

Albert
style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">