--===============0961053272==

--0-1172880676-1180703159=:5080

Thanks for the information .....

Hey, I believe you might be the "Robert" who "David" was referring to who might be able to help answer some questions regarding the "mfd" configuration. David has helped me out quite a bit, but perhaps you might have a look at my post to see if you can answer some specific "mfd" questions?

My post is entitled:

"Can two MIB Tables be related and be required to share the same row index?"

Here is a quick summary to catch you:

I am new to SNMP and went through the ifTable mfd tutorial which is provided to learn about the "mfd" approach and how to use this configuration for my MIB module. I populated one of the tables (ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable) in my MIB (which I refer to as "Table1" in my posts) with values in the "container_load()" procedure and can now "snmpwalk" through the contents nicely.

I wanted to now populate the next table (ocStbHostIEEE1394Table) in my MIB (which I refer to as "Table2" in my posts) but this is not as easy as I thought it would be. After showing David my MIB file, he informed me that my Table2 is an a real standalone table but is defined to be an extension to Table1. It seems that "Table1" is created to have all the AVInterface values which can possible exist. For each row in Table1 which is of type "1394 AV Interface", then a row in "Table2" will exist since Table2 only holds more specific information relating to "1394" interfaces only.

My problem is, I am not sure how to populate Table2. David mentioned I need to obtain the associated AVInterface index value stored for "Table1" to be used for Table2.

Anyway, perhaps you could read a few of my more recents postings on this topic to catch up, and then perhaps can give me some of your opinions as well. I am interested in hearing what you and David have to say about this .....

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert Story wrote: On Fri, 18 May 2007 06:20:43 -0700 (PDT) Need wrote:
NH> Then what is the purpose of the "row_prep" procedure ? Basically, when would i place code in the "row_prep" procedure?

The only thing the container really needs is the index values, so it can find
the right instances when a request comes in. The row_prep functions is called
for the selected instance, at which time the module can fetch the actual data
associated with the row.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/