On Fri, 25 May 2007 09:33:07 +0100 Dave wrote:
DS> > I was told that the VACM might not be incorporated into the MFD
DS> > packages so it might not be able to be used easily.
DS> [...]
DS> The MfD framework (and this framework *only*) also has the concept
DS> of running the MIB module as a standalone agent, wrapped within a
DS> minimal SNMP agent driver. It is unclear to me how much this
DS> particular mode of operation reflects the "normal" agent behaviour,
DS> and I'd rather not comment on this.

The code is generated by mib2c-conf.d/subagent.m2c, and is completely
independent of MfD. Now that we have subversion, maybe it should be moved up
(and renamed *.conf) with the other conf files.

The code is basically a stripped down copy of snmpd.c, and the intent is to
allow for easy testing of a module as either an agentx subagent or as a normal
snmp agent, without having to build the standard agent.

It should be easy to adapt this conf file for use with _any_ module generated
by mib2c.