--===============1813724405==

--0-1699089376-1179859914=:76351

I understand the default directory to look for MIB files is the following:

/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs

However, I would like to change this to another location. If I set the MIBDIRS environment variable as follows, then I can get it to find the MIB file in a new provided location:

export MIBDIRS= +"/export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs"

However, I do not want to use the environment variable to make this setting, so I tried the following two setups but nothing worked:

a) I tried including the following option in the "configure" command:

--with-mibdirs="/export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs"

b) I tried setting the following in the "snmp.conf" file:

mibdirs /export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs

Question:

Why does (a) and (b) not work for me?

**NOTE: I am not using "snmpd" to start the agent, but rather I am starting a specialized agent called "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable". Is this a problem ... or should two options above still work regardless?
Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*ht...invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/