On 22/05/07, prijks@esgeroth.org wrote:
> As an alternative, we modified the snmpwalk code to allow an option "start
> with" option so that the walk will start with a specified OID and continue
> until the full tree has been traversed.

What do you mean by "the full tree"?
Do you mean continue walking until the agent returns 'endOfMibView' ?
'Cos that feels overkill for problems (say) walking the ifTable.

A more flexible approach might be to provide an explicit "endWalk" OID
(which defaults to the next sibling of the starting point).

Alternatively, have an option to ignore errors (in the same way as we
currently have an option to ignore non-increasing OIDs).

What sort of errors are you seeing, anyway?

Dave