On 21/05/07, Sandrine MONOT wrote:
> /usr/local/bin/net-snmp-config --configure-options
> '--disable-shared' '--disable-debugging' ....

Yup - that would explain why you weren't getting any debug output!
[Good catch, Thomas]

> after build again the agent,
> I have the following result, when i launch it :
> /opt/FERMA/sbin/agtcks -c /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg -f -Le -Dread_config
> -d localhost:7075

[snip]
> Reading optional config file: "/etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg"
> read_config: read_config: Reading configuration /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg
> Reading configuration /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg
> read_config: read_config: /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:6 examining: com2sec
> lrw localhost netman
> /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:6 examining: com2sec lrw localhost
> netman
> read_config: read_config: /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:11 examining: group
> lrwgp v1 lrw
> /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:11 examining: group lrwgp v1 lrw
> read_config: read_config: /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:23 examining: view
> rwview included .1.3.6.1
> /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:23 examining: view rwview
> included .1.3.6.1
> read_config: read_config: /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:30 examining: access
> lrwgp "" any noauth exact rwview rwvi
> ew none
> /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg:30 examining: access lrwgp ""
> any noauth exact rwview rwview none

Now we're getting somewhere.
You've said on several occasions that you are using a config file
that starts

com2sec nro default public
com2sec nrw default netman

group nrogp v1 nro
group nrogp v2c nro
group nrwgp v1 nrw
group nrwgp v2c nrw

[etc, etc, etc]

However the debug output aboce seems to show that the config file being
read in actually contains:

com2sec lrw localhost netman
group lrwgp v1 lrw
view rwview included .1.3.6.1
access lrwgp "" any noauth exact rwview rwview none

and nothing else (apart perhaps from assorted comments).
So it's not too surprising that using the community string "public"
doesn't work.

Please take a good look at the file /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg

Dave