Good morning Dave,

effectively, I use the master snmp agent of solaris ( i launch it with =

/etc/init.d/init.sma )

I get this solaris master agent on the side, and I keep only net-snmp =

5.4 agent problem.

Before all, I want to say you that I have some changes when i launch my =

agent :

/opt/FERMA/sbin/agtcks -p 7075 -c /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg
Illegal Instruction

I don't kown how explain this, I can't find again the previous result ...

I have change two things: 1) in MakefileAgent I have add libnetsnmpmibs =

lib in libnetsmpagent lib build,
like is done with makefile =

agent of ucd-snmp sources ...
2) I have done a gmake install =

in root under net-snmp-5.4 which replace libnetsnmp.a and libnetsnmp.la
under /usr/local/lib ...

=

Like you have ask me, I have simplify the /etc/snmpd/snmpd.conf file, =

see follow :

rocommunity public
rwcommunity netman

# Ferma Agent CHECKSYS
proxy -v 1 -c netman localhost:7075 .1.3.6.1.4.1.2390.1.3.1

I have not change when I execute the commands:

/opt/FERMA/sbin/agtcks -p 7075 -c /etc/opt/FERMA/agent.cfg
Illegal Instruction

launch agent failed !

remarques :
On the solaris 10 machine with ucd-snmp sources : under /usr/local/lib, =

I find : libucdagent.a
=

libucdagent.la
=

libucdmibs.a
=

libucdmibs.la

Here on x86 machine with net-snmp sources : under /usr/local/lib, I =

doesn't found : libnetsnmpagent.a
=

libnetsnmpagent.la
=

libnetsnmpmibs.a
=

libnetsnmpmibs.la

the gmake install command root only set libnetsnmp.a and libnetsnmp.la =

library ...

Sorry to disturb you last time, but I thounk what we don' t understand =

between us ...

Thanks,
sandrine

Dave Shield a =E9crit :