--===============1881206959==

--0-631807380-1179515864=:31018

This is the command I am executing to start my specialize agent (based on what the tutorial recommends):

../ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -L -DocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -M localhost:1161

The command line options for this agent are listed below. It seems the "-M" option is to indicate to use a standard agent instead of an AgentX agent ... which is what I want.

usage: ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable [-D] [-f] [-L] [-M] [-H][LISTENING ADDRESSES]
-f Do not fork() from the calling shell.
-DTOKEN[,TOKEN,...]
Turn on debugging output for the given TOKEN(s).
Without any tokens specified, it defaults to printing
all the tokens (which is equivalent to the keyword 'ALL').
You might want to try ALL for extremely verbose output.
Note: You can't put a space between the -D and the TOKENs.
-H Display a list of configuration file directives
understood by the agent and then exit.
-M Run as a normal SNMP Agent instead of an AgentX sub-agent.
-x ADDRESS connect to master agent at ADDRESS (default /var/agentx/master).
-L Do not open a log file; print all messages to stderr.

Need Help wrote: I have no idea what the -M option does .... I was just following the tutorial. However, I tried your recommendation and got the following warning produced:

Warning: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent ([NIL])

It seems it is trying to do something with an AgentX agent now. I do not think I want to involve an AgentX for my testing of the snmpwalk command.

Magnus Fromreide wrote: On fre, 2007-05-18 at 10:16 -0700, Need Help wrote:
> The configuration file I created is located at the following location:
>
> /export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf
>
> .... and has only one line in it as follows:
>
> rocommunity mycommunity_ro
>

> I started the agent using the following:
>
> ./ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -L -Dread_config -M localhost:1161 &

Doesn't the -M argument tell your agent to use localhost and 1161 as
directories to read mib files from?

Does it work better if you try with

../ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -Lf my.logfile -Dread_config localhost:1161

?

/MF

---------------------------------
--0-631807380-1179515864=:31018

This is the command I am executing to start my specialize agent (based on what the tutorial recommends):

./ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -L -DocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -M localhost:1161

The command line options for this agent are listed below.   It seems the "-M" option is to indicate to use a standard agent instead of an AgentX agent ... which is what I want.

usage: ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable [-D<tokens>] [-f] [-L] [-M] [-H][LISTENING ADDRESSES]

Magnus Fromreide <magfr@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
On fre, 2007-05-18 at 10:16 -0700, Need Help wrote:
> The configuration file I created is located at the following location:
>
> /export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf
>
> .... and has only one line in it as follows:
>
> rocommunity mycommunity_ro
>

> I started the agent using the following:
>
> ./ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -L -Dread_config -M localhost:1161 &

Doesn't the -M argument tell your agent to use localhost and 1161 as
directories to read mib files from?

Does it work better if you try with

./ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -Lf my.logfile -Dread_config localhost:1161

?

/MF

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
Net-snmp-coders mailing list
Net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net