DS> The revision that I submitted implemented support for these two
DS> tokens, following the same model as the previous code. What's
DS> the problem about that - as compared to switching to a completely
DS> different style of coding?

Sorry, I thought you were complaining about the original patch, not
the update to the .xs file...

DS> If nothing else, it's still possible to look at the code and understand
DS> what the fix is meant to achieve. Which isn't really feasible if the
DS> whole approach changes completely.

The approach comes from the output of the h2xs script, which changes
it's output style from major perl version to perl version or so...
The result is that the state machine can look *very* different, but
internally to a perl script they should be the same.

(the gen script calls h2xs)
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.