On 18/05/07, Wes Hardaker wrote:

> DS> I would question whether it is sensible to change the code style
> DS> so dramatically in a bug-fix-only branch.
>
> It was a fairly nasty bug, hence the need for a nasty change.

Are we talking about the same fix?
My understanding of this patch was that it introduced a pair
of new default_store tokens:
NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_MAX_GETBULKREPEATS
and
NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_MAX_GETBULKRESPONSES

The revision that I submitted implemented support for these two
tokens, following the same model as the previous code. What's
the problem about that - as compared to switching to a completely
different style of coding?
If nothing else, it's still possible to look at the code and understand
what the fix is meant to achieve. Which isn't really feasible if the
whole approach changes completely.

Dave