--===============0016424738==

--0-1894587068-1179515262=:75870

I have no idea what the -M option does .... I was just following the tutorial. However, I tried your recommendation and got the following warning produced:

Warning: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent ([NIL])

It seems it is trying to do something with an AgentX agent now. I do not think I want to involve an AgentX for my testing of the snmpwalk command.

Magnus Fromreide wrote: On fre, 2007-05-18 at 10:16 -0700, Need Help wrote:
> The configuration file I created is located at the following location:
>
> /export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf
>
> .... and has only one line in it as follows:
>
> rocommunity mycommunity_ro
>

> I started the agent using the following:
>
> ./ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -L -Dread_config -M localhost:1161 &

Doesn't the -M argument tell your agent to use localhost and 1161 as
directories to read mib files from?

Does it work better if you try with

../ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -Lf my.logfile -Dread_config localhost:1161

?

/MF

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/