--===============0625603385==

--0-224694917-1179432837=:97782

Ok, I got the ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable agent running now. The last step (based on the tutorial) is to run the following command to walk through each row in the table:

snmpwalk -v1 localhost:1161 ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable

......however, it does not like my syntax for this command once entered.

The "snmpwalk" help screen is displayed which shows me all the options. Anyway. I still can not figure out why the syntax is wrong. Now, I believe the tutorial is based on 5.0 (or 5.2) and I am using NetSnmp5.4 now, so perhaps something has changed?

Do you know what is wrong with my snmpwalk request?

For summary, here are the commands I performed:

1) Create the following file:

/export/home/myname/snmp/usr/local/share/snmp/ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf

2) make -f ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable_Makefile

3) ./ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -f -L -DocStbHostAVInterfaceTable -M localhost:1161

4) snmpwalk -v1 localhost:1161 ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable (THIS FAILS)

Need Help wrote: Also, when I change a ".conf" file must I rnu "make install" again?

I can not remember if I needed to rerun something once the snmpd.conf file (or any .conf file) changes........ so perhaps you can let me know?

BTW: Thanks for the help

Need Help wrote: I am trying to learn this stuff from scratch by reading through the tutorial provided for the "ifTable" MIB table. No where does it mention I need to create a specific "ifTable.conf" file in order to run this.

Ok, I will give it a go .....

I am assuming I place it in the same place as the "snmpd.conf" file is located?

Robert Story wrote: On Thu, 17 May 2007 12:34:20 -0700 (PDT) Need wrote:
NH> I guess I am confused about why it is complaining about a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" configuration file as well. I thought I was only dealing with a "snmpd.conf" configuration file only.

But you aren't running snmpd... you are running a specialized application now..

NH> Perhaps I need to create a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" file somewhere ... somehow?

Exactly. And it will have the same syntax as snmpd.conf. You can copy or link
your snmpd.conf file...

---------------------------------
Need Mail bonding?

Robert Story <rstory@freesnmp.com> wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2007 12:34:20 -0700 (PDT) Need wrote:
NH> I guess I am confused about why it is complaining about a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" configuration file as well. I thought I was only dealing with a "snmpd.conf" configuration file only.

But you aren't running snmpd... you are running a specialized application now..

NH> Perhaps I need to create a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" file somewhere ... somehow?

Exactly. And it will have the same syntax as snmpd.conf. You can copy or link
your snmpd.conf file...

href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48224/*http://sims.yahoo.com/">Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games. -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Net-snmp-coders mailing list
Net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net