--===============1183515573==

--0-738537584-1179431334=:88560

Also, when I change a ".conf" file must I rnu "make install" again?

I can not remember if I needed to rerun something once the snmpd.conf file (or any .conf file) changes........ so perhaps you can let me know?

BTW: Thanks for the help

Need Help wrote: I am trying to learn this stuff from scratch by reading through the tutorial provided for the "ifTable" MIB table. No where does it mention I need to create a specific "ifTable.conf" file in order to run this.

Ok, I will give it a go .....

I am assuming I place it in the same place as the "snmpd.conf" file is located?

Robert Story wrote: On Thu, 17 May 2007 12:34:20 -0700 (PDT) Need wrote:
NH> I guess I am confused about why it is complaining about a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" configuration file as well. I thought I was only dealing with a "snmpd.conf" configuration file only.

But you aren't running snmpd... you are running a specialized application now..

NH> Perhaps I need to create a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" file somewhere ... somehow?

Exactly. And it will have the same syntax as snmpd.conf. You can copy or link
your snmpd.conf file...

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Robert Story <rstory@freesnmp.com> wrote:
On
Thu, 17 May 2007 12:34:20 -0700 (PDT) Need wrote:
NH> I guess I am confused about why it is complaining about a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" configuration file as well. I thought I was only dealing with a "snmpd.conf" configuration file only.

But you aren't running snmpd... you are running a specialized application now..

NH> Perhaps I need to create a "ocStbHostAVInterfaceTable.conf" file somewhere ... somehow?

Exactly. And it will have the same syntax as snmpd.conf. You can copy or link
your snmpd.conf file...

Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and
take
Net-snmp-coders mailing list
Net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.