On 11/05/07, cpnr Reddy wrote:
> Tables are registered as follows:
> 1.my_handler = netsnmp_create_handler_registration(buf,
> my_table_handler,
> my_table_oid,
> table_oid_len,
> snmp_varlist_add_variable(&table_info->indexes,
> table_oid, table_oid_len,
> ASN_UNSIGNED, /* index: someTable */
> (char * ) &index1, 4 );

That looks unusual.
I would expect this to be simply:

netsnmp_table_helper_add_indexes(table_info, ASN_UNSIGNED, 0);

And what is the value of 'table_oid'?

> table_info->min_column = range_subid;
> table_info->max_column = upperbound;
> netsnmp_register_table(my_handler, table_info)

> Example for the above scenario is:
> The following example snmpget is quering one object from
> "RFC1213-MIB:ifTable" and another from "RFC1213-MIB:ifRouteTable"
> snmpget -v3 -u tester -a MD5 -A user1 -l authNopriv localhost

And how does this relate to your registration code?
Which table(s) are registered in this way, and which are handled by
other MIB modules?

> Case 2: When registered the tables with OID upto table position:
> The APIs are as above only, except for the table_oid_len in
> netsnmp_create_handler_registration() which is less 1 than the above.

But you haven't said what the first registration OID was,
so that doesn't really help us.

If you are registering a table using one of the netsnmp_register_table*()
routines, then you must supply the OID of the 'xxxTable' MIB object - not
the 'xxxEntry' object or one of the column objects.

So for the two tables you mention above, the registrations should use
the OIDs . and . respectively.

PS: Please do *not* send the same query to both mailing lists.
Choose one or the other. Thanks

Net-snmp-coders mailing list