On 10/05/07, wrote:
> All of the MIBs (so far) that I've downloaded have not had the 'TRAP-TYPE'
> (SNMPv1) or 'NOTIFICATION-TYPE (SNMPv2) portions of a 'normal' MIB.

Which MIBs have you looked at?
The Net-SNMP enterprise-specific traps are defined in the NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB
as follows:

--
-- Notifications relating to the basic operation of the agent
--

nsNotifyStart NOTIFICATION-TYPE
STATUS current

nsNotifyShutdown NOTIFICATION-TYPE
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"An indication that the agent is in the process of being shut down."
::= { netSnmpNotifications 2 }

nsNotifyRestart NOTIFICATION-TYPE
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"An indication that the agent has been restarted.
This does not imply anything about whether the configuration has
changed or not (unlike the standard coldStart or warmStart traps)"
::= { netSnmpNotifications 3 }

Dave