--===============0738422442==

------=_Part_145109_22323114.1178801015598

HI yaoyu

> what is the difference between the agent address of SNMPv1 and the ip
> address where the packet come from,

Ok let's explain
Agent address - in RFC 1157 (about SNMPv1) It's a field of the SNMPv1
packet (only for SNMPv1) where we can place the ip address of the agent.
This field is not necessarily the same that the source address of ip
Packets (layer 3).

the ip address where the packet come from - It's de source address of ip
packets.

Do you understand the difference??

> the situation is that manager can
> receive the packet from the pc running agent, I want to parse out the ip

> judge which agent sends the trap. So I used the way introducing in the
> previous letter to handle the trap, but the result is 0.0.0.0. How to
> correct it? Thanks!

I belive that you want de source address of ip packets, but i need more
information about the "struct pdu" and any another information about how
you catch the packets.

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/