From: dave.shield@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shield@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:49 PM
To: Siva Prakash Reddy G
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: FW: regarding creation of subagents using proxy.

On 09/05/07, Siva Prakash Reddy G wrote:
> Can any body give example of writing proxy part in the
> configuration file( snmpd.conf ), by taking 3 subagents as an example.

But what exactly do you need the three subagents to report?

The simplest configuration would be something like:

proxy -v 1 -c public remhost1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1
proxy -v 1 -c public remhost2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.2
proxy -v 1 -c public remhost3 .1.3.6.1.2.1.25

which would direct requests for the system group to 'remhost1', requests
for the interfaces group to 'remhost2' and requests for the Host
Resources group to 'remhost3'.

I somehow doubt that this is what you have in mind, but something a
little more concrete would be useful.

Dave

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com