Noah Gift wrote:
> It would be super, super, super cool if we could install the python
> bindings
> via "easy_install" from the python cheeseshop without even worrying about
> the underlying net-snmp package. You would get a ton of python people
> using
> net-SNMP if eggs were available. At PyCon this year, I went to the egg
> talk
> and it sounds like eggs are very close to being part of the the standard
> library.

It'd also be beneficial if the Python bindings could easily make it into
the popular Linux distros. I've just submitted the following patch (from
Debian) which would at least make life easier for packagers:

[ 1716114 ] Let Python build in source tree
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...94&atid=312694

Would anyone be willing to review it?

+Thomas