--===============1246597527==

------=_Part_119902_7859573.1178739179556

> > running the test suite might have shown a prob before install...

> That is a good point, I don't remember running the test. I need to
> compile it again on a few more VM's so I will report back with Cent OS and
> Ubuntu notes.

On a fresh Ubuntu 7.04 install and using a tarball from svn last night I get
this traceback when I run the test:

root@nlap-ubu-vm:/src/net-snmp-svn-main/python/netsnmp/tests# python test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test.py", line 6, in
import netsnmp
File "/src/net-snmp-svn-main/python/netsnmp/tests/__init__.py", line 1, in

File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client.py", line 1, in
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client_intf.py", line 7, in

File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client_intf.py", line 6, in
__bootstrap__
ImportError: libnetsnmp.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

Which means I need to run ldconfig.

------=_Part_119902_7859573.1178739179556

running the test suite might have shown a prob before install...

That is a good point, I don't remember running the test.  I need to compile it again on a few more VM's so I will report back with Cent OS and Ubuntu notes.

On a fresh Ubuntu 7.04
install and using a tarball from svn last night I get this traceback when I run the test:

root@nlap-ubu-vm:/src/net-snmp-svn-main/python/netsnmp/tests# python test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "
test.py", line 6, in <module>
    import netsnmp
  File "/src/net-snmp-svn-main/python/netsnmp/tests/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>

  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client.py", line 1, in <module>

  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/netsnmp/client_intf.py", line 7, in <module>

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/