Hi!
Thanks for replying.

>> If it supports more than two, please let me know, how to declare

them
>>in the configuration file( snmpd.conf ) using proxy

>Please see the 'snmpd.conf(5)' man page, where the "proxy" directive is

described. You can have as many such directives as you like.

I have read so many documents including 'snmpd.conf(5)', but it
doesn't helped me. Can any body give example of writing proxy part in
the configuration file( snmpd.conf ), by taking 3 subagents as an
example.

Please share with me, if any body have good documents
regarding proxy settings .

With Regards.
G.Siva Prakash Reddy.

On 09/05/07, Siva Prakash Reddy G wrote:
> How many subagents can be handled by single Master agent, using
> proxy settings.

No fixed limit.

> If it supports more than two, please let me know, how to declare them

> in the configuration file( snmpd.conf ) using proxy

Please see the 'snmpd.conf(5)' man page, where the "proxy" directive is
described. You can have as many such directives as you like.

> with out using context name, because my subagents and master agent
> supports snmpv1 and snmpv2.

If you're trying to support parallel proxied versions of the same OID
subtree, then you'll need to use context names internally in the master
agent.
You can use "com2sec -Cn ..." to map an incoming community name to a
particular context, and "proxy -Cn ..." to map that context onto an
outgoing
community when forwarding the request to your proxied agent(s). So
this
should work with SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c.

But the master agent needs to use contexts internally, to keep the
requests for different proxied agents apart.

Dave

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com