On 09/05/07, Siva Prakash Reddy G wrote:
> How many subagents can be handled by single Master agent, using proxy settings.

No fixed limit.

> If it supports more than two, please let me know, how to declare them in the
> configuration file( snmpd.conf ) using proxy

Please see the 'snmpd.conf(5)' man page, where the "proxy" directive
is described.
You can have as many such directives as you like.

> with out using context name, because my subagents and master agent supports
> snmpv1 and snmpv2.

If you're trying to support parallel proxied versions of the same OID subtree,
then you'll need to use context names internally in the master agent.
You can use "com2sec -Cn ..." to map an incoming community name to a
particular context, and "proxy -Cn ..." to map that context onto an outgoing
community when forwarding the request to your proxied agent(s). So this
should work with SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c.

But the master agent needs to use contexts internally, to keep the requests
for different proxied agents apart.

Dave