--===============1725999064==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7916F.0DB76554

=20
The initial Problem:
-----------------------------
Inform ACKs are block by my Firewall.
=20
Net-SNMP sends out an Infrom : [port X] --> [port 162]
Std. Infrom receiver replies: [port Y] --> [port X]
=20
* X,Y are random ports.
=20
Solution concept:
--------------------------
AMke net-snmp send the Informs from fixed source-ports.
So that we can allow the predefined UDP ports in the Firewall
=20
=20
Implementation outline:
------------------------------------
1) I'm using the snmpNotifyMIB and snmpTargetMIB for sending traps.
=20
2) Becasue net-snmp maintains an open session for each Infrom receiver,
and each such session binds to a certain port to be re-used for
sending out Informs,
it seems that I need a different port for each Inform receiver.
(In my case I limit the receivers' number to 3, so I'll predefine 3
ports.)
=20
3) I thought that in get_target_sessions() (target.c),
I can set the [localname , local_port] in the netsnmp_session
structure of each receiver,
when the session is created.
=20
It doesn't seem to be working very neatly. I'm working on it.
=20
=20
Quesitons:
----------------
1) Does this make sence?
2) Can all Infrom-receivers be using the same session? (So I can use
only 1 port)
=20
P.S:
I also would like to disable the engineID Probe which is not really
needed since we can take the engineID from the USM table of the
appropriate user.
Any ideas about that? (I thought I can access the USM table also in the
get_target_sessions() and set the appropriate securityEndingID.
=20
Thanks,
Erez.
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7916F.0DB76554

charset=3Dus-ascii">

size=3D2>Hi,

size=3D2>

The =
initial=20
Problem:

size=3D2>-----------------------------

Inform =
ACKs are=20
block by my Firewall.

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Net-SNMP sends out=20
an Infrom : [port X] --> [port 162]

Std. =
Infrom receiver=20
replies:         [port Y] --> =
[port=20
X]

size=3D2>

* X,Y =
are random=20
ports.

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Solution=20
concept:

size=3D2>--------------------------

AMke =
net-snmp=20
send the Informs from fixed source-ports.

So =
that we can allow=20
the predefined UDP ports in the Firewall

size=3D2>

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Implementation =20
outline:

size=3D2>------------------------------------

1) I'm =
using the=20
snmpNotifyMIB and snmpTargetMIB for sending traps.

size=3D2>

2) =
Becasue net-snmp=20
maintains an open session for each Infrom receiver,

size=3D2>   =20
and each such session binds to a certain port to be re-used for sending =
out=20
Informs,

size=3D2>   =20
it seems that I need a different port for each Inform=20
receiver.

size=3D2>   =20
(In my case I limit the receivers' number to 3, so I'll predefine 3=20
ports.)

size=3D2>

3) I =
thought that in=20
get_target_sessions() (target.c),

size=3D2>   I=20
can set the [localname , local_port] in the netsnmp_session =
structure of=20
each receiver,

size=3D2>   when=20
the session is created.

size=3D2>

    face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>It doesn't seem to be working very neatly. I'm working on=20
it.

class=3D800402712-08052007> class=3D800402712-08052007> class=3D800402712-08052007> size=3D2>

size=3D2>

size=3D2>Quesitons:

size=3D2>----------------

1) =
Does this make=20
sence?

2) Can =
all=20
Infrom-receivers be using the same session? (So I can use only 1=20
port)

size=3D2>

size=3D2>P.S:

I also =
would like to=20
disable the engineID Probe which is not really needed since we can take =
the=20
engineID from the USM table of the appropriate user.

Any =
ideas about=20
that? (I thought I can access the USM table also in the =
get_target_sessions()=20
and set the appropriate securityEndingID.

size=3D2>

size=3D2> class=3D800402712-08052007> size=3D2>Thanks,

size=3D2> class=3D800402712-08052007>Erez.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7916F.0DB76554--

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/